Thursday 21 June 2018

Celebrating the States: The Rockies

When I was working on the Midwest post a few weeks ago, I was surprised at my lack of knowledge about states in my own region. North Dakota, Indiana and Ohio feel removed from my life in the Midwest and I tend to exclude them when thinking about Middle America. Now that I’ve been preparing and researching for today’s feature on the Rocky Mountain states, it’s even more clear to me that I am possibly more in need of these D*S articles than our readers. While I can say I’ve visited every region in the United States, the nuances and unique aspects of each state have been warped into generalizations in my mind. I love how writing these features is starting to change that for me.

While there are technically eight states that can be considered in the Mountain West region of the U.S., today I’m focusing on the four northern-most states in the group — Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado. Don’t worry, the other states will be covered as part of other regions. This region is known for beautiful scenery, cultural hubs, outdoor recreation and neighborly living. Looking through the home tours we’ve featured over the years, it’s easy to see a theme of art appreciation and the influence the outdoors have on homes in the Rockies. –Lauren

This post is brought to you in collaboration with Weebly. If you’re thinking about taking your side gig to the next level, be sure to check out our 4-part series Launching your Online BusinessCreated in partnership with Weebly, this series shares inspiration, tools and support to build + grow your website or online store. Use our series and the Weebly platform as resources along the way to build your brand and business and get 15% off your first Weebly purchase right here!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave



from Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2018/06/celebrating-the-states-the-rockies.html

from Home Improvment http://notelocreesnitu.tumblr.com/post/175108047529

No comments:

Post a Comment