Thursday 29 September 2016

Studio Tour: Hello Miss May

Studio Tour: Hello Miss May

I love how Instagram has connected the design world from every corner. Every day I scroll through my feed and see work from countless designers and creatives from all over the globe. Hello Miss May is a favorite of those accounts. May Leong of Hello Miss May is based in Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia. Her colorful and playful illustrations and styling instantly caught my eye when I first stumbled upon her work on Instagram.

Hello Miss May doesn’t just create beautiful things for social media — this creative company run by May conceptualizes and executes photo shoots for companies such as Oreos, Pokey Sticks and Happy Socks to name a few. May also sells greeting cards, pins and brooches designed with her signature illustration style. May has successfully turned her side business into full-time work, giving her the need for a studio space.

May’s studio is located in her Surry Hills home. The space was originally a lounge or living room area, but she was able to make the dining room act as a dual-purpose spot for both living and dining. “I call my space, ‘The Weekend Studio’ as it gives me the chill-out kind of feeling,” May shares. “I used to work part-time at the geekiest (and somehow, coolest) tech store in the world, and I never had the weekends off. Now, I have seven days in a week all to myself, to do whatever I want to do in the studio.”

Her creative space is an eclectic mix of colors, modern style, vintage pieces and Hello Miss May inventory and props. “Friends think I have way too much stuff in my house (and they probably think I have a tendency to hoard), but I see myself as a collector, appreciating the cute and the colorful.” The studio is exactly as it should be for May: inspiring, creative and practical for this talented designer and stylist. –Lauren



from Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2016/09/studio-tour-hello-miss-may.html

from Home Improvment http://notelocreesnitu.tumblr.com/post/151104213669

No comments:

Post a Comment