Friday 18 November 2016

Design*Sponge Book Club + Best of the Web

jane-mount

Earlier this week, I posted a picture of some books I was starting to read as part of a larger move to educate myself on social issues in America about which I’d like to know more. My little reading stack included a poetry and essay book, books on African-American and Native-American history, and books about women in activism and social justice movements (as well as a fun look at the musical Hamilton). I was overwhelmed by the positive response and recommendations for great reading and was overjoyed to see that one reader, Jessica Nichols, funneled most of the comment suggestions into an online shopping list of books (You can also plug any of those names into IndieBound to find local shops to support with your purchase).

So I thought I’d turn this into an informal book club where those of us interested can examine the connection between historical, social and political movements and how they affect home and feelings of comfort and belonging. If you want to join in, check out our Facebook and Instagram feeds where I’ll be opening up votes for which book we should read this month and discuss online together before the end of the year. Here’s to learning more about each other and finding ways to connect and grow together. xo, grace 

*Image above is Jane Mount’s “Ideal Bookshelf” print at 20×200

BEST OF THE WEB 11/18

BEST OF D*S 11/18



from Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2016/11/designsponge-book-club-best-of-the-web.html

from Home Improvment http://notelocreesnitu.tumblr.com/post/153350039829

No comments:

Post a Comment