Tuesday 29 May 2018

Checking In: The Carol Burnett Suite

When summer rolled around when I was a kid, it meant I would pack up and head to Bellfont, Pennsylvania to spend a few weeks with my Dad’s parents, who lived in the epitome of mid-century splendor. I’m talking sunken living room, sparkle-specked formica countertops and deep orange wall-to-wall shag carpeting. And then there was the TV. It was a massive piece, complete with ornate metal scrollwork over harvest gold fabric, covering speakers that broadcasted a constant stream of laugh tracks and theme music from the variety shows I loved.

It was here I fell in love with Carol Burnett, her maxi dresses and her contagious smile. I’m pretty sure my inability to conjure up a good (and sustained) poker face was born from practicing the comedienne’s endless facial expressions in the mirrored wall behind my grandparents’ sofa. In the spirit of mental vacations for the summer season, I’m thrilled to introduce a new series where our team creates a make-believe hotel suite, inspired by someone or something we love. Welcome to to first installment of Checking In! I’m so excited to invite you into The Carol Burnett Suite for a cocktail or two. — Caitlin

Cork on Metallic Wall Covering  |  Orange Chair  |  Cork Coasters  |  Rocks Glasses  |   Coffee Table  |  Modern Zebra Rug  |  Yellow Sofa  |  Floral Art + Frame  |  Starburst Mirror

Flush Mount Ceiling Light  |  Maxi Dress  |  Nightstand  | Bar Cart  |  Arc Lamp  | Bedroom at The Saguaro Palm Springs  |  Ice Bucket & Wine Chiller

The pool at The Saguaro Palm Springs  |  Drink Float  |  Paper Parasol Picks  | Outdoor UmbrellaPitcher & Glasses  |  Huarache Sandals | Beach/Pool Tote  |  Key Fobs  |  Lipstick in Butterscotch  | Bistro Table + Chairs Beach Towel  |  Bathing Suit Coppertone Sunscreen



from Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2018/05/checking-in-the-carol-burnette-suite.html

from Home Improvment http://notelocreesnitu.tumblr.com/post/174370571274

No comments:

Post a Comment