Thursday 24 May 2018

Celebrating The States: The South (East of the Mississippi)

Celebrating The States on Design*Sponge

Celebrating The States on Design*SpongeWhen I was nine, my family and I moved from Mississippi to Florida. After attending college in Tampa, I moved to Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, Memphis, New York City, and then found myself back in Mississippi. It came down to this… everywhere I moved, I compared it to the small college town of Oxford, MS where I grew up. And while all of those cities that I lived in (and moved around in between) were so wonderful in their own ways, nothing compared to the small town I was from.

I moved back to Mississippi 13 years ago and I’ve only been looking forward since. I’ve seen so much positive change here in these years, along with the abundance of artists and creatives that are moving to this region. The South has a very difficult past, but I think we, as a region, are making a different future for ourselves. With a very low cost of living, artists and creatives can thrive here, building the lives they dream of for themselves. The beautiful topography, small towns with lots of charm, large cities with so many trees and forests, and proximity to both the beach or mountains are all added bonuses.

Scroll below to see some of the ways that different creatives in this region view the South, what they love about living here, and how it inspires them to grow as artists. —Erin



from Design*Sponge http://www.designsponge.com/2018/05/celebrating-the-states-the-south-east-of-the-mississippi.html

from Home Improvment http://notelocreesnitu.tumblr.com/post/174210188854

No comments:

Post a Comment